Thursday, June 2, 2011

What is a Polyglot?

Wayne Parry spent a month in Beirut. He is an Australian polyglot, meaning he can speak several languages. I think he told me he can get by with eight - not bad! Wayne is on a global quest to write his book dealing with learning languages, essentially the 12 most important ones. He usually stays for about a week in different parts of the world, but with Lebanon it was different. He settled for a month and became very well accustomed to our Lebanese "way of life". He contacted me through my website. I responded, and the start of a beautiful friendship started. The best way to show Wayne Lebanon, I believe, was to take him on a FOOD tour. He has written some of his experiences on his travel blog. Check it out! As I write this, Wayne is on his way to Turkey, then he is heading to Russia, later to China and Japan. He is certainly a globe-trotter. I look forward to reading his amazing adventures when he publishes his book. I'll let you know when that happens. Here are a few pics I took of him.

Wayne amidst the goats of the Shouf
We have our theory on  goats, the gray ones are so friendly!
Contemplating the Lebanese nature at its best
Visiting a farm in Batloun
Goats are irresistible!
Razzouk and Wayne

No comments:

Popular Posts