Monday, June 6, 2011

Organic Bakery in Beirut

I'm always a sucker for trying new breads. Today I ordered through BioBox, the Lebanese organic e-market, a loaf of whole wheat bread from Lebanon's first organic bakery (to my knowledge). I have the loaf in front of me. It comes in a neat bag with a lot of information printed on the package. The bread is certified by IMC to be 100% organic. I open the bag and it smells great. . The loaf is medium - small, but for me...it's looks too perfect. I wanted something more rustic, but that's just me. It smells very sweet, according to the label the bread is sugar free - instead of sugar the bread recipe is produced with agave syrup (how much?). The price of the loaf is 6,500 LL. This is good option for those looking for an organic alternative. I, for one, cannot imagine not baking my weekly bread. It's part of who I am, what I want to be...what I want my children to remember when they leave the nest. I hope to find an organic wheat one day with a reasonable price so I can use it to make my loaves of bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara, You can find on promotion organic flour T110 @ A New Earth, 2 @ 6oooLBP

Popular Posts