Sunday, June 12, 2011

Picking Akub in the Shouf with the Massoud Family



Rima and Masssoud Massoud are wonderful people. They live in Ramlieh, Aley. Massoud works the land, while Rima makes mouneh from the produce of her husband's hard labor. She sets up shop every Saturday at Souk el Tayeb selling her products and makes the most amazing manakish (all types including fatayer). I have known them for years. I have seen their children grow up so fast to young handsome adults. This trip to Niha is special to me because the time I have spent with the Massoud family was forever recorded in a beautiful story written in the Mouneh book.The place where they go to pick Akub on a yearly basis is simply breathtaking. Samira, Massoud's sister is phenomenal. She is amazing, full of energy and spunk. I'm really lucky to have moments like these with the people of my country. I really cherish these moments and I wish everyone would stop thinking of politics and just sit and enjoy each others company over FOOD. Is there hope for our country? I'm thinking of a food revolution, anyone interested?

A few pics to share ...













No comments:

Popular Posts