Sunday, May 8, 2011

Barbara with Habib Honey on Helwe w Morra



I hope you enjoy this report, it was so much fun to shoot it. Maurice and his wife are wonderful people who make an honest living working very hard. Maurice is passionate about his work. It currently shows. I have visited Maurice and his bees many times during my journey. It is an amazing experience. His story is featured in the Mouneh book with information concerning honey and the yearly Lebanese honey calendar. In a nutshell, honey is the mouneh of the bees and we are profiting from all their hard work. Instead of sugar, I add a teaspoon of honey everyday in my morning coffee - it makes it so much more special. You can visit Maurice and his family every Saturday at Souk el Tayeb in Downtown and every Tuesday at the Earth Market in Hamra, opposite of Bread Republic.

Bees feed off these beautiful scented orange blossoms
Roula Sidnawi, every week works very hard to make the show happen
Simply incredible
This baby goat took me for her mom
The LBC crew wearing the protection gear
Roula
In action!

No comments:

Popular Posts