Friday, November 6, 2009

Spicy Potatoes (Patata Harra)


This is one of my favorite recipes (learned it in my training days too):

What you need:
potatoes - 1kg
chicken stock - a ladle or two
coriander - a bunch chopped
vegetable oil - a bit
olive oil - a bit
tomato paste - 2 tbs.
red pepper paste - 1 tbs., this will depend on how spicy you want it!
garlic cut very finely - 4-5 cloves
lemon juice - 1/4 cup
salt and pepper to taste

Method of preparation:
1. wash, peel and cut the potatoes into even cubes.
2. deep-fry them for 5 minutes (not more), strain through a sieve.
3. in a large saucepan, add vegetable oil and olive oil, fry the garlic.
4. In a mixing bowl blend tomato paste and red pepper paste, pour the lemon and the chicken stock. Add to the frying garlic in the saucepan. Heat for 2 minutes. Add the coriander.
5. Throw in the potatoes, cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Careful, don't break the potatoes and make sure the juice is evenly distributed.
6. Serve hot! Sahteyn...

This will make a large serving enough for a family of 5 - 6.



You will absolutely love it!

1 comment:

Moecon said...

This recipe looks delicious. I will have to try it out. I am looking for Lebanese recipes. My Great Grandfather was from Lebanon. I am also looking for any Lebanese ancestry websites, because I am not able to find out much from this side of the family.I took out a membership to Ancestry.com but it doesnt have anything.
Thanks Again!
Maureen

Popular Posts